Triangle Robotics Scrimmage League (MS/HS)
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-5600
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: League
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 17
Event Region: North Carolina
Registration Deadline: Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:00 PM EST
5500 Dixon Drive
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
7801 Humie Olive Road
Apex, North Carolina 27502
Triangle area, North Carolina 27607
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: No judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Due to fewer teams registering this year and continuing challenges related to COVID, TRL will be a scrimmage format this year. We will still hold weeknight practice sessions, but TRL itself will not have a tournament, nor will it qualify teams for the state championship.
HOWEVER, all teams that register for TRL (which is free) and attend at least one week-night practice session will be allowed to register for the Capital Qualifier for free. Just add your team to the waitlist for the Capital Qualifier and we will add teams that meet this requirement.
Teams are required to attend at least one practice session.
TRL Scrimmage Sessions, 4:30-7:00pm,
- 4:30pm - Inspections open, Field open for practice or skills
- 5:30pm - Inspections close
- 5:45pm - Scrimmage matches begin
TRL is a 100% volunteer-run event. Please check out our volunteer page for more info:
Sign-ups for each session and the TRL tournament will be posted here and on the TRL website volunteer page a few weeks before the event.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Coaches will be notifified in case of event cancellation via email.
Rescheduling will be on a case-by case basis.
TRL is free (no refunds)
Health and Safety Policies
All persons attending TRL events, including workshops, practices, ranking sessions and tournaments must adhere to the following safety protocols. Attendees are limited to coaches/mentors, students and volunteers.
- You will follow all relevant health policies and recommendations set forth by local health departments, venue host organization, local school districts and the CDC.
- Do not attend a TRL event if you, or any person you have had known contact with, is currently experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you have experienced such symptoms in the past week.
- Masks are required at all times, except while eating or outside and at least 6+ feet away from others. Filtering respirators such as KN-95 are highly encouraged.
- Maintain physical distance of at least 3 feet with people affiliated with the same team.
- Maintain physical distance of at least 6 feet between people affiliated with different teams. Keep track of interactions in case contact tracing is required after the event.
- Limit touching of shared surfaces. Use sanitizing wipes where this cannot be avoided.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds frequently, after using the restroom, and before and after eating.
- Use hand sanitizer before approaching fields, inspections or interviews. Students should use hand sanitizer before working on the robot. Limit 3 students working on a robot at a time. Controllers should be wiped down with disinfecting wipe before changing drivers.
- Drivers stations will be on opposite corners of the field, with members of the drive team maintaining 12+ feet of distance from other teams during matches. After matches, students will back away from their driver stations to allow refs and scorers to enter the field.
- No hand shaking. Teams are encouraged to create their own greeting gesture.