For the Love of Bots (Halloween Edition) - Lovejoy's Mixed (MS/HS) Event
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-4977
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 53 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Texas - Region 2
Max Registrations per Organization: 3
Price: $85.00This event is closed to registration because:
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
2350 Estates Parkway
Lucas, Texas 75002
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
These details may change based on local/state/district health guidelines:
- Masks will not be required at this time
- Teams are currently not limited to how many team members can attend
- Spectators will be allowed
- This event will be live-streamed (check the Webcast tab closer to the day of the event)
- We are hoping and planning to offer concessions and pizza lunch orders ahead of the event
- This is a 100% standard event with standard judging- safety measures like hand sanitizer will still be in place
OFFICIAL SCHEDULE FOR 10/30
7:15 am - Doors Open
7:15 am - 8:00 am Inspections
8:15 am - Driver's Meeting & Opening Ceremonies
8:30 am - Qualification Matches Begin/Skills Field Opens
11:30 am - Lunch Break (60 Minutes)
12:30 pm - Qualification Matches resume
3:15 pm - End of Qualification Matches
3:15-3:25 pm - 10-minute break
3:25-3:40 pm - Alliance Selection in Aux. Gym
3:30 pm Skills Field closes
3:40-3:50 pm - 10 minute break
3:50 pm - Begin Elimination Matches
5:00 - Finals
5:15 pm - Award Presentations
If you would like to volunteer please contact Mr. Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 469-215-8283. When the SignUpGenius is completed I will post that here as well.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event that nature, COVID shutdowns or some unforeseen circumstance cancels our event, we will first try to reschedule for the next weekend. If the event is rescheduled, there will not be refunds of entry fees. As we did last year, all efforts will be made to reschedule in the event of a cancellation.
Entry fees are nonrefundable per REC Foundation guidelines. The only exception will be with a cancelation and no rescheduling of the event.
Health and Safety Policies
Note: Failure to follow any of the outlined health and safety procedures can result in your team being asked to leave the event and/or a REC Foundation Code of Conduct violation. We are taking the health and safety of everyone involved very seriously.
- The use of a COVID self-screener may be utilized at the EP's discretion. More details to be sent closer to the day of the event
- Temperature checks may occur at the entrance doors based on guidance from local/district health leadership
- Masks will not be required as of 8/2/2021 but are encouraged if you would like to wear one
- Pit tables kept 8-10' apart
- Practice fields will be restricted to 3 students from a team at a time
- Inspections will be performed at the pit table. Inspectors will circulate throughout the pits during the inspection time
- Hand washing/sanitizing will be required at each area entry point.
- Participants must have completed consent forms on robotevents.com
- Avoid touching your face. Properly sanitize your hands if you must do so.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances and competition fields. Participants are expected to clean their hands every time they move between areas (pit to field, field to pit, etc.)
More Health Info:
All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. We will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary
Date: 10/30/2021Lovejoy High School
2350 Estates Parkway
Lucas, Texas 75002
See the graphic here for details on where to park and unload.
Visiting teams should park in front of Lovejoy High School and enter the building at the main entrance, in the middle.
Busses are able to drop students off in the front of the school but then should park behind the school in the parking lot.
See this link for more details on where busses can drop off and park (same link as above)
For questions please contact email@example.com or call 469-215-8283
We are planning to live stream this event. Spectators are still allowed. The link for the live stream will be posted closer to 9/25/2021.
Lunch & Concessions
We are able to provide students and coaches the option to order large 14" pizzas for $12/each which will include water bottles for each student you bring. Payments of cash or check only (no credit cards) will be paid at the event. Checks can be made payable to "Xtreme Engineering". Coaches will need to pre-order their student's preferences no later than Monday, Oct. 25th at 4:00 p.m. using the following link.
We are planning to serve breakfast items, milk, an assortment of other snacks and drinks. A map of where to find our concession stand can be found here.
The concession stand is cash only, and once we have a menu we will post it here. Thanks!