2022 Ohio VRC High School State Championship In Person
- 12-Mar-2022 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 1-Oct-2021 15:43 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 8-Mar-2022 15:44 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the 2022 Ohio VEX Robotics High School State Championship!
We are looking forward to welcoming the best VRC teams in the state of Ohio for this championship event! Qualified teams should be sure to register prior to the deadline and make sure that payment for registration fees has been processed.
Final details were emailed to registered teams. Check it out here: https://www.smore.com/jdh4k
Concessions will be available.
Pizza Pre-Orders available here: https://bit.ly/2022state_VRCpizzaorder
PRE-ORDER DEADLINE: Tuesday, March 8th by 5:00 pm
Please note that there is a vendor food contract with the Fairgrounds Coliseum and they do not allow outside food to be brought in. State Event Partners have no affiliation with that contract but we ask that you please respect this rule when planning your day. We are providing the pre-order option as a convenience for participating teams. Once the order is placed, concessions will handle all payments and distribution of orders.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules, the code of conduct, and run through the inspection checklist.
2. Check the Vex Forum for official rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in this tournament posting
4. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
5. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
6. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
220 East Fairground Street
Marion, Ohio 43302
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Registration/Inspection/ Skills 6.00 pm - 8.00 pm
Doors open at 7.30am.
Registration 7.30am - 9.am
Inspection will run from 7.30am - 9.am
Event meeting will take place at 8.30
Competition starts at 9.30 am.
Skills 9.30 am - 2 pm.
Lunch 12.00 pm - 12.30 pm
Elimination matches should start at 5.15 pm.
Awards 6:30/7 pm.
Volunteers are an important part of every event and we acknowledge that these events would be impossible without them. We appreciate those volunteers who are willing to give of their time for the benefit of our students! Volunteers help make events run smoothly and play a critical role in every process, from registration to scoring to judging. Volunteers will receive a free t-shirt and lunch.
If interested in volunteering at this or any of the 2022 VEX Robotics Ohio State Championship events, please fill out this survey
**Please submit this form by Friday, February 18th at 5:00 pm in order to guarantee a volunteer shirt in your requested size due to our deadline with the shirt vendor. Responses after that date are still accepted & appreciated, but volunteer shirt sizes will be limited.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, we will make every attempt to contact all coaches by email, phone or text, as well as make announcements through social media of any changes of the event or the event schedule.
We will also put all cancelations on WMRN AM 1490 and FM 95.9
Refund and Payment Policies
Registration fees minus the $5 REC processing fee per team will be issued if the event is canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Health and Safety Policies
Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our participants and volunteers. All local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices will be in effect for this event.
- Masks are recommended but not required for this event. If participating schools have different requirements concerning masks, we advise you to use your best judgment and follow your school policy.
- We will have hand sanitizer readily available and will regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
- Spectators will be permitted but will not be permitted in the pit area or on the competition floor. There is ample seating available within the coliseum. Teams and spectators will be advised and encouraged to sit appropriately socially distanced from other individuals or groups.
- A video live stream will be provided.
Date: 12-Mar-2022Marion County Fairgrounds & Veterans Memorial Coliseum
220 East Fairground Street
Marion, Ohio 43302
We will be live streaming this event. A link will be posted on this site and be shared with teams in advance.