VRC Gulf Coast Kickoff Scrimmage
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-4381
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 18
Event Region: Texas - Region 4
Price: FREEThis event is closed to registration because:
- It is past the registration deadline.
4601 Wildcat Drive
Portland, Texas 78374
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Showcase events provide an opportunity for teams to play in-person tournaments with multiple organizations. Teams will compete with their robots and present their efforts to in-person judges so that they might experience an end-of-season event to showcase their accomplishments.
Only 2 teams per organization may register for each Showcase event.
Each individual team may select only 1 Showcase event to attend.
Registration will open without organizational limits 4-weeks prior to the event start date to fill any remaining capacity. The same team may place itself on multiple waitlists, but if that team gets invited to multiple events, that team may only choose one of those events to attend even if there is open capacity at a second event.
8:00 am Team Load In-Pit Area, Registration, & Inspection Open
10:00 am Team/Driver Meeting
10:10 am Qualifying Rounds Begin
12:00 pm Lunch Break
12:45 pm Qualifying Rounds Resume
3:15 pm Alliance Selection & Eliminations
6:00 pm Venue Closed
Volunteers are the heart of any VEX Robotics event. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Jonathan Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All cancellations will be communicated through email. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Unfortunately, there will be no make-up in case of weather cancellations.
As there is no cost for this event there should be no need for event refunds. Teams are responsible for their own transportation and hotel costs.
Health and Safety Policies
- Follow G-PISD Self-screening & Entry Guidelines (See Below)
- Cloth face masks are required of all participants at all times inside the facility.
- Face shields may be worn in lieu of safety glasses (VRC Q&A 663), but are not an acceptable substitute for a cloth face mask.
- A limited number of spectators may be allowed. This decision will be made closer to the event date and will be communicated through email.
- Suggested limit of competitors per team: 1 mentor and 6 students per robot; the number of teams may allow for more students. This will be communicated through email before the event date.
- Keep pit tables at 8-10’ apart
- No practice fields will be available (A decision on practice fields will be made closer to the event)
- Inspections will be performed at the pit table. Inspectors will circulate throughout the pits during the inspection time
- No queue tables, teams will be called directly from their pit tables to the field
- Packaged food only
- Participants must have completed consent forms on robotevents.com
- Avoid touching your face. Properly sanitize your hands if you must do so.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances and competition fields. Participants are expected to clean their hands every time they move between areas (pit to field, field to pit, etc.)
All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. We will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary.
G-PISD Building Entry Guidelines
As of 4/1/2021
These guidelines are in place until further notice.
· Masks or face coverings are required at all district facilities with the following exceptions:
o Person alone in a single, separate space
o Person eating or drinking
o Person outdoors and observing social distancing
o Face shields are not allowed as a mask substitute during time spent in common areas such as hallways and cafeterias.
· All adults entering District Facilities are required to self-screen daily for COVID-19 symptoms using Dr. Owl.
· Maintain social distancing minimum of 6 feet from other persons on campus whenever possible.
· Minimize touch points as much as possible.
· Non-employees must be scheduled or have explicit administration approval to enter facilities.