Second Annual Owlbots VEX IQ Tournament
Middle School Only
- 20-Jan-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Florida - South
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 5-Dec-2023 12:00 EST
- Standard Registration Opens
- 9-Dec-2023 12:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 12-Jan-2024 11:33 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 11-Jan-2024 11:36 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
The event will be held at Miami Lakes K8 ELC campus cafeterias.
14250 NW 67th Ave Miami Lakes Fl 33014
Parking will be in the faculty parking lot on White Oak Drive and Miami Lakeway South (across from the park).
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
14250 Northwest 67th Avenue
Miami Lakes, Florida 33014
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:45 a.m. Doors open (Breakfast will be sold at the venue)
7:45-8:30 a.m. Check-in
8:30-9:00 a.m. Inspections (please have your robots pre-checked prior to attending)
9:00-9:30 a.m. Welcome and opening announcements
9:30 a.m. -2:00 p.m. Skills field open
10:00 a.m. -2:30 p.m. Teamwork Qualification Matches
12:00-12:45 p.m. Lunch (lunch will be sold at the venue)
2:30-3:30 p.m. Finals Matches
3:30-4:00 p.m. Awards Presentation
Please reach out to [email protected] if you wish to volunteer at our event.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
You will be notified of any cancellations on the event page under the Bad Weather Policy tab. Please make sure that we have the team coaches' cell phone number in the registration.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
There are no refunds unless the tournament is cancelled by the administration and or at the district level.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend: no refunds
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
Please review the following Judging Format options and keep the ones that apply to your event, and delete the others that do not apply. Please see the Remote Judging section of the Guide to Judging for more information.
- No Judging
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
- All Remote Judging - The Initial Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, and Engineering Notebooks will be submitted to judges digitally via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. Initial Interviews and Notebook submission deadlines may be scheduled ahead of the event date.
- Remote Initial Team Interviews / In-Person Engineering Notebooks: Initial Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, possibly before the date of the event. Engineering Notebooks will still be submitted in person the day of the event to be evaluated by judges.
- Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. A submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.
Map of the schoolMLK8 Parking Map
Breezeway Map - this is where the Tournament will be taking place.Breezeway Map
Agenda for Jan. 20, 2024Agenda
If you are planning to pre-order lunch, please email before Friday and pay on the day of.
Send emails to [email protected]Lunch Order Form