2023-2024 Oklahoma State VEX IQ Elementary School Robotics Championship
- 2-Mar-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- In-Person Invitational
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 19-Sep-2023 20:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 28-Feb-2024 15:46 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 28-Feb-2024 16:03 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
Welcome to the Oklahoma VEX Robotics State Championship
Important Team Information:
All teams MUST have their consent forms updated and uploaded to robotevents no later than 1 week prior to the event.
Digital Engineering Notebooks! Physical notebooks will not be judged. Notebooks will be judged remotely and must be submitted by Saturday, February 24, 2024 at 5:00 pm to give judges enough time to look through them.
Spectators are allowed in the event, however, due to limited space, all parents and spectators will be expected to stay in the stands for viewing. Only students and their coaches will be allowed in the pit and competition areas. This will be monitored by the use of badges.
NSU Event Center
Doors open at 7:30 am! !!!
Oklahoma VEX IQ – Elementary School has been granted 1 World Championship spot:
1 Excellence Award Winner
Double Qualified Teams Process, as said in the Qualifying Criteria:
World Championship qualifying awards and invitations are issued to teams whether or not the teams have expressed an intention to attend the event. In regions with three (3) or fewer spots to the World Championship in a specific program and grade level, the spot will go to the team with the highest Robot Skills Score from the regions Event Region Championship when possible.
Skills Challenges will be available to all teams, with 3 Max Driver attempts and 3 Max Programming attempts per team. The Skills Challenge will run from 8:15 am-1:30 pm. All robots must have inspection stickers to use the skills fields. Robots will also need to have the inspection sticker to use the practice fields.
The top ten (10) teams from the qualification rounds will participate in the Finals. These ten (10) teams will be automatically paired into 5 Alliances. The top-scoring alliance (two teams) in the Finals will earn the Tournament Champion Award.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. To help all teams prepare, here are a few tips for each team:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition, so there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official Game Manual for rule updates and changes.
3. Check the official QA Forums for rule updates and changes.
4. Carefully read all of the information contained in this tournament posting all updates will be posted here
5. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook.
6. Read through the Awards Appendix; there have been some minor changes to the awards process.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first; please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team or others nearby, as the venue is a very tight fit.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX IQ participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here -
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of the firmware.
12. Wifi/Internet access will not be available. Please plan accordingly.
Grade Level: Elementary
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote Engineering Notebooks
Event Dates & Locations
603 North Grand Avenue
Tahlequah, Oklahoma 74464
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Saturday, February 24, 2024
|Submission deadline to submit notebooks to Robot Events
Saturday, March 2, 2024
|Skills Fields are open
|Opening Ceremony / Event Meeting
|Qualification Matches Resume
All volunteers are welcome!
We will be needing volunteers for judges, skill scorekeepers, match scorekeepers, field reset, que table, and additional volunteers as needed. If you or a member associated with your school/team are willing to volunteer contact Kym Tinsley [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event the tournament has to be canceled due to emergency/bad weather, the tournament will not be rescheduled and World's spots will be filled from the skills rankings list.
Refund and Payment Policies
Payment deadline is Thursday, February 29, 2024.
2024 Oklahoma Elementary Robotics State Championship
Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. Submission deadline will be Saturday, February 24, 2024 at 5:00 pm.
1 teams are on the waitlist for this event.