Region 5 - Ghouls, Goblins, and Gears VIQRC- Tournament
Elementary and Middle School Teams
- 28-Oct-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 3-Oct-2023 12:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 16-Sep-2023 12:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 16-Oct-2023 09:36 EDT
- Payment Deadline
- 23-Oct-2023 14:03 EDT
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
7. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
8. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote Engineering Notebooks
Event Dates & Locations
1509 Enterprise Boulevard
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 am - Volunteers arrive
7:30 am - Doors open to public and coaches/teams
7:30 am to 8:45 am - Event Check-In/Registration/Compliance Check
9:00 am - Opening Ceremonies
9:30 am to 12:00 pm - Matches/Skills Start
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm - Lunch Break
1:00 pm Skills Closes
1:00 pm Matches continue
3:30 pm - Alliance Selection/Finals/Awards
5:00 pm - Venue Closes
Volunteers are needed and appreciated. Individuals or teams wishing to volunteer, please contact the Michael Hardy at [email protected]
Event volunteers are the heart and soul of VEX competitions.
We rely on Referees to keep things fair, Emcees to keep things exciting, and Queuers to keep things on schedule! Volunteering at a VEX competition is easy to learn, fun to do, and rewarding for everyone involved.
Please click on the link below for more information on volunteer roles.
We are asking each team to supply at least one adult volunteer for the day of the events. If you have more that are willing, please reach out for more information.
If you have someone that wants to get certified or trained for ref, judge, or TM, let me know and we can set up training sessions.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In any event, teams will be contacted as soon as possible with the information. The event partner will contact teams if the event must be postponed. Teams should make sure their contact information is up to date and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
Team contacts will be notified about how to receive a refund
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
Teams must complete payment within two weeks of registering, if payment is completed and a team cannot make it no refund will be given.
**If you have to cancel last minute please let us know in case we need to adjust the rosters or schedule.
Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. A submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.