Ontario VIQRC Full Volume Provincial Championships 2024 - Elementary School Event
In Person Judging and Digital Notebook Submission
- 25-Feb-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 1-Nov-2023 12:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 16-Feb-2024 17:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 12-Feb-2024 22:00 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
CanSTEAM Foundation is pleased to host the VEX Robotics Ontario Provincial Championships.
Qualification to the VEX World Championships
This event will include spots for the VEX World Championships 2024. 3 ES spots.
- Excellence Award
- Teamwork Champion
If there is a double qualifier as per the Qualifying Criteria, the replacement team comes from the Robot Skills Challenge standings at THIS EVENT.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for the competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
- Review the rules, the code of conduct, and run through the inspection checklist.
- Check the VEX Forum and the Q&A for official rule updates and changes.
- Carefully read all of the information contained in this tournament posting
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Grade Level: Elementary
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote Initial Interviews
Event Dates & Locations
16 Main Street Unionville
Markham, Ontario L3R 2E4
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Saturday, February 24th, 2024
|6:00p - 7:00pm
Sunday, February 25th, 2024
|8:00a - 9:00a
|8:00a - 10:00a
|Skills and Judging
|10:00a - 10:30a
|10:30a - 12:00p
|Qualification Matches and Skills
|Skills fields closed
|12:00p - 1:00p
|1:00p - 3:00p
|Qualification Matches and Skills
|3:15p - 3:45p
|3:45p - 4:00p
|Awards & Closing Ceremonies
The tournaments will be played on 2 fields, we intend to give each team 8 qualification matches before finals.
Volunteers are essential to a successful tournament. Please consider volunteering. No prior experience is necessary. Please email [email protected] to sign up. Volunteers will receive any training necessary and a full day of inspiration working with incredibly talented youth.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If inclement weather poses challenges, our aim is to proceed with the tournament as scheduled. Timely updates will be distributed to all participating teams through email.
Please take a moment to confirm the accuracy of your contact information on Robot Events.
Ensure that the email and/or phone number you provide can be reached outside of regular office hours, as we might need to reach out to you in case of emergencies.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
Full refund will be provided
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Health and Safety Policies
As of this date, Ontario is not under a mask mandate. Therefore, masks are not required, but highly recommended. In order to best insure the safety of our participants, we have instituted the following precautions:
- Spectators will be able to watch the event from the designated seating areas.
- Only team members and coaches will be allowed in the pit areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the event.
- Anyone who has been exposed to, or has tested positive for, COVID-19 in the two weeks before the event should not attend.
- The event will be livestreamed and can be viewed remotely.
All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. Event Partners should continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary.
Teams will not be allowed to enter the field to retrieve their robot. Once their match has been scored, they will drive their robot to the side of the field to retrieve it. The only people allowed access to the field and game objects are officially marked staff.
Date: 25-Feb-2024Markham Pan Am Centre
16 Main Street Unionville
Markham, Ontario L3R 2E4
Markham Pan Am Centre
16 Main St
Unionville, Markham, ON L3R 2E4
Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Address: 8500 Warden AvenueMarkham, ON L6G 1A5Canada
Phone: +1 905 470 8500
Rooms & Rates
- 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite - C$165.00
- 2 Double Beds 1 Bedroom Suite - C$175.00
The following hotels are in close proximity to Markham PanAm Centre.
Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions:
- Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents.
- Submission deadline: Feb 18th, 5PM EST
In Person Team Interviews:
- ALL teams will receive in person interviews at the event.
- Judging room schedule:
- Feb 25 - 9:30-12PM / 1-3:30PM
- All teams will receive in person judging interview at judging area. This year, we will do in person judging based on appointment time to spread out the judging time for all teams. Please sign up your judging time slot at this link. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F44AAAE2CA2FFC07-48013496-viqrc#/ Each team will have 30 mins window to select and when they go to the judging area at their appointment time, they will be in the fast lane. All teams who have missed their appointments or don’t have appointments at all will be in the regular lane for judging.
Please ensure that payment is submitted online at https://www.zeffy.com/en-CA/ticketing/eacb33ad-b1ec-4c01-a9fb-2b29bf985dd1 within two weeks of event registration.
If we do not receive your payment by the specified due date, your team will be placed on the waiting list.
- Teams that qualify for the Championship event, on or before, January 31, 2024, will have two weeks to register and pay.
- Teams that qualify on or after February 1, 2024, (or qualified for a Championship event that is less than three weeks away) will have one week to register and pay.
Note: please change the contribution from default 10% or 15% to other, and enter $0.
What’s the Challenge?
Record a video of your team members doing some freestyle dance moves. Let your imagination soar and your feet do the talking! Whether it’s breakdancing, ballet, or boogie-woogie, all styles are welcome. It’s time to showcase the talent behind the bots! You can see a sample here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqK37b2DNMw
How to Participate?
- Gather your team, game elements and choose your favorite music.
- Film your freestyle dance session.
- Upload the video to YouTube with the hashtag #BotsAndBeats.
- Video is limited to 1:00 without intro and outro
- Email [email protected] with your video link, such as YouTube.
Why Join the Fun?
- Connect with other robotics teams worldwide.
- Showcase your team’s creativity and team spirit.
- Enjoy a fun break from the usual robot-building sessions.
- Get featured on Ontario provincial championships!
Deadline: February 12, 2024
Let’s make this a memorable event where technology meets creativity. Can’t wait to see all your awesome moves!
Remember, it’s all about having fun and expressing yourself. So, don’t hold back – let’s dance the way we do robotics: with passion and enthusiasm!
Robot Reveals Submission
Showcase Your Innovation and Creativity!
Welcome to the Robot Reveal Video Submission Page!
Are you ready to showcase your team's hard work and creativity? We're excited to invite all participating teams to submit their Robot Reveal Videos for this year's competition. This is your chance to highlight the unique features and capabilities of your robot to the entire VEX community!
Why Submit Your Video?
- Spotlight Your Team: Share your journey, challenges, and triumphs.
- Inspire Others: Your innovative designs and strategies can inspire other teams.
- Gain Recognition: Selected videos will be featured at our event, offering your team additional exposure.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Video Length: Keep your video within 2-3 minutes.
- Content: Focus on showcasing your robot’s design, functionality, and any unique features.
- Quality: Ensure good video and audio quality for clear viewing.
- Originality: Be creative! We love videos that are both informative and entertaining.
- Appropriate Content: All videos must be appropriate for a school-age audience.
How to Submit:
- Step 1: Upload your video to a popular video-sharing platform (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo).
- Step 2: Send the public link to [email protected]
Submission Deadline: Feb 12, 2024
Selection Process: Our panel will review all submissions. Selected videos will be featured on our website and displayed during the event. We will notify teams if their video is selected.
We can't wait to see your incredible robots in action! Good luck and happy filming!
Bring A Field
To help us run a better event, please bring your field with full field elements to the event at designated location. Each field being brought to event will receive ONE fast pass to skip the skills line for ONE time. Unapproved field will not be allowed in the venue. Sign up here. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F44AAAE2CA2FFC07-47582610-viqrc#/
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.