MCCC/PDS ES/MS Full Volume Tournament
ES/MS Blended VIQRC Region 3 Monroe, MI
- 11-Nov-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 21-Aug-2023 16:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 30-Sep-2023 16:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 8-Nov-2023 16:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 30-Oct-2023 16:00 EDT
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to The Monroe County Community College/PDS "Full Volume” ES/MS VIQRC Tournament
All participating teams must be registered with VEX Robotics and the Robot Events website and have an official team number before registering for this event. Tournament fees must be paid before teams are allowed to compete. Registration and payments should be made through the Robot Events website.
We will be collecting Physical engineering notebooks at this event for judging.
Lunch and Concessions
Pre-orders will be available on the day of the event, and we'll have on-site concessions, too. "Bring your own" is fine, too...but please observe MCCC regulation for consuming food/drink in the gym. There is a large lobby area available for lunch.
Up to 32 teams will participate in elimination matches. All elimination matches will be best of 1
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
Review all game information: https://www.vexrobotics.com/iq/competition/viqc-current-game
- Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. Robots must use VEX V5 parts. Please self inspect before arriving at the tournament using the VIQRC Inspection Checklist
- Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
- Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on robotevents.com
- Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Power strip and extension cord
- Laptop computer
- Programming cable
- Engineering notebook (Required for judged awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit table
- Giveaways if you have them
- Be sure to read VEX Tournaments 101.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges and read the Guide to Judging. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
- Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby, as teams are close to each other in the venue pit area. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks, ask the tournament director for a safe location if grinding is needed.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of programming software and firmware for your Brain.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be uploaded to robotevents.com prior to the tournament. Team leaders will need to check that all team members attending the event have completed the online consent form prior to the tournament. Instructions on how to upload consent forms is given here: VEX Consent Form (English)
See you soon.
Have a VEXellent day
3547/MCCC Team Virus VEX Robotics
Mentor, Event organizer
E mail [email protected]
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1555 South Raisinville Road
Monroe, Michigan 48161
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:30 a.m. Doors open/Inspection/Skills field open after inspection
8:00 a.m. Team registration begins
8:30 a.m. Judges meeting
9:15 a.m. Drivers meeting
9:30 a.m. Qualifiers begin, teams get six matches
12:00 p.m. Lunch, Skills will not be open (volunteers need lunch also)
12:30 p.m. Resume qualifying matches.
2:00 p.m. Alliance picks
2:15 p.m. Eliminations Begin
4:00 p.m. Awards
4:30 p.m. Clean up and bug out.
Please contact [email protected] should you wish to volunteer.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All reasonable efforts will be made to inform teams of any cancellations due to inclement weather. Refunds will be given in event of cancellation.
Please contact me if weather is a concern and please monitor the event status on Robot Events.com Cancellations will be posted there.
Refund and Payment Policies
Full refunds will be granted in the event of a cancellation due inclement weather.
Refunds minus $5 RECF fee if coach cancels at least 2 weeks before event day.
No refunds if coach cancels less than 2 weeks before the event.
Date: 11-Nov-2023Monroe County Community College
1555 South Raisinville Road
Monroe, Michigan 48161
From U.S. 23
Take the M-50 exit at Dundee. Take M-50 (also known as South Custer Road) east approximately 12 miles. Then take Raisinville Road South to MCCC approx 2 miles. Use main entrance, drive around back to the "S" building. Enter the first doors and take a left to the stairs to "The Cellar"
Exit at LaPlaisance Road, Exit 11. Go west to Dunbar Road. Turn left on Dunbar, going about 7-10 miles to Raisinville Road, where you turn right. MCCC is located on right hand side of road approx 1/4 mile, use the south entrance, drive around back to the "S" building. Enter the first doors and take a left to the stairs to "The Cellar"
you tube channel vexvirus3547
- In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.