Grandville New Year VIQRC Tournament
Blended VIQRC MS/ES Region 4
- 20-Jan-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 6-Nov-2023 16:00 EST
- Standard Registration Opens
- 9-Dec-2023 16:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 15-Jan-2024 16:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 8-Jan-2024 16:00 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
The event will be held at the Grandville Robotics Competition Center located on the west side of Grandville Middle School.
VEX IQ teams should use the Grandville Middle School entrance off Canal Ave,
The VEX IQ team parents and spectators should park on the east side of Grandville Middle School. Parents and spectators can access the east parking lot by using the schools 52nd Street entrance. This entrance is located west of Wilson Ave.
All participating teams must be registered with VEX Robotics and the Robot Events website and have an official team number before registering for this event. Tournament fees must be paid before teams are allowed to compete. Registration and payments should be made through the Robot Events website.
We will be collecting Physical Engineering Notebooks at this event for judging.
Lunch and Concessions
Full concessions will be available from 8:30am am to 2:30pm pm. We offer a lunch pre-order for $7 that includes 2 pieces of pizza, snack, a piece of fruit and a drink. Lunch preorders will be taken until January 16. Click on this link to pre-order lunch: Lunch pre-order form
Up to 32 teams will be paired up and participate in Finals matches.
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared:
Review all game information: Current Game Webpage
- Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. Robots must use VEX IQ parts. Please self inspect before arriving at the tournament using the IQ Robot Inspection Checklist
- Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
- Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on robotevents.com
- Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Power strip and extension cord
- Laptop computer / Tablet
- Programming cable
- Printed Engineering notebook (Required for judged awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit table
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges and read the Judge's Guide. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of programming software and firmware for your IQ Brain.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be uploaded to robotevents.com prior to the tournament. Team leaders will need to check that all team members attending the event have completed the online consent form prior to the tournament. Instructions on how to upload consent forms in English or Spanish is given here: VEX Consent Form (English) or VEX Consent Form (Spanish)
Teams will be assigned a 6-foot pit table with 2 chairs. Coaches might want to bring a bag chair. Teams will have access to electricity at their pit tables. Bring a power strip to plug in multiple items.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Grandville, Michigan 49418
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Agenda for West Michigan New Year's VEX IQ ES/MS Tournament
All times are approximate and may change
8:00 Doors Open and Robot Inspection
8:15 Skills Field Open
9:00 Drivers' Meeting and Opening Ceremony
9:30 Teamwork Rounds, Skills and Judging
11:30 - 12:30 Lunch/Skills
12:30 Teamwork Rounds, Skills and Judging
4:00 Alliance Play-off rounds
Please contact Event Partner
Rosemary Hepfer - [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If Grandville Public School is closed on tournament day, we will not hold the tournament.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
a refund will be given to all participants, minus the RobotEvents fee.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
A full refund will be given to registered participants if they withdraw before January 6. If a registered participant withdraws after January 6, a refund will not be given.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.