North Union VEX IQ Elementary School Halloween SLAPSHOT Kickoff; Richwood, Ohio
- 29-Oct-2022 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX IQ Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 22-Aug-2022 00:04 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 21-Oct-2022 00:03 EDT
- It is past the registration deadline.
North Union is proud to present this year's VEX IQ competition, SLAPSHOT! We'll kickoff the new season with a Halloween twist!
Again this year we will host two SEPARATE & SIMULTANEOUS events...elementary and middle school teams will run as two separate events, but will run simultaneously. Half of our high school gym will be dedicated to elementary teams and half will be dedicated to middle school teams.
The event will showcase 2 competition fields for elementary teams and 2 competition fields for middle school teams. We will also have at least 2 skills fields and 2 practice fields.
- Lunch will be provided to all participants...pizza, chips & bottled water.
- There will be a hospitality room provided for advisors and volunteers.
- Concessions will be available with drinks, snacks, and a selection of hot items.
MATCHES & JUDGING
- Each team will have six qualifying matches. The top 20 teams (10 pairs of teams) will advance to Tournament Finals.
- Please familiarize yourself and your teams with the SLAPSHOT official rules. The GAME MANUAL is a good place to start!
- All pit tables have access to power. Please bring surge protector/power strips to make sure you have enough outlets for your team.
- We will have a dedicated WiFi network available for teams to access during this event. This was set up specifically for teams that will need access to online programming software during the event. Please make sure your school laptops are set up correctly in order for you to have access while you are away from your school building.
- Are your teams ready? Have them check this out...101 Things I Wish I’d Known Before My First VEX Tournament
Grade Level: Elementary
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
401 North Franklin Street
Richwood, Ohio 43344
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 am - Doors Open to Teams, Check-In & Inspections
9:30 am - Event Meeting
9:45 -12:00 pm - Qualification Matches
12:00 - 1:00 pm - Lunch & Skills
1:00 -3:00 pm - Qualification Matches
3:00 pm - Alliance Selection
3:30 - 4:30 pm - Elimination Matches
4:30 pm Awards
Volunteers are an important part of every event and we acknowledge that these events would be impossible without them. We appreciate those volunteers who are willing to give of their time for the benefit of our students!
Please contact Kristi Matlack at [email protected] if you are interested in being a volunteer. Thank you!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, we will make every attempt to contact all coaches by email, phone or text, as well as make announcements through social media of any changes of the event or the event schedule.
Refund and Payment Policies
Registration fees minus the $5 REC processing fee per team will be issued if the event is canceled. There will be no refunds for individual team cancelations.
We plan to live stream this event. A link will be posted on this site and be shared with teams in advance.
In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews AND Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person on the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
Judges will be working in accordance with the Judge Guide, which states that "All teams being judged for an event should be judged in the same format to ensure consistency in the judging experience." PLEASE NOTE...if a team has a digital engineering notebook, these must be printed IN ADVANCE in order for the team to submit a physical copy to the judges. Links to an online version or flash drives will not be accepted.
Please refer to the Judge Guide for all judging and Engineering Notebook information, criteria, procedures, rubrics, etc.