Showcase: VIQC Showdown in the Southeast (ES/MS)
Event Code: RE-VIQC-21-4296
Program: VEX IQ Challenge
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 16 / Spots Open: 9
Event Region: South Carolina
Price: $200.00This event is closed to registration because:
- It is past the registration deadline.
720 McMillan Rd
Clemson, South Carolina 29631
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Welcome to the Showdown in the Southeast!
This event will bring together some of the best VEX Robotics teams throughout the southeast and beyond for an exciting event!
Showcase events provide an opportunity for teams to play in-person tournaments with multiple organizations. Teams will compete with their robots and present their efforts to in-person judges so that they might experience an end-of-season event to showcase their accomplishments.
The Excellence Award will qualify teams to compete at VEX Worlds 2022 in Dallas, TX.
Note: This is a date change from the originally scheduled date. This event will be held on Saturday, June 12th.
Only 2 teams per organization may register for each Showcase event. Each individual team may select only 1 Showcase event to attend.
Registration will open without organizational limits 4 weeks prior to the event start date to fill any remaining capacity. The same team may place itself on multiple waitlists, but if that team gets invited to multiple events, that team may only choose one of those events to attend even if there is open capacity at a second event.
Note: This agenda may change if a significant number of teams register. All times are in Eastern Daylight Time.
|FRIDAY JUNE 11 (Optional)|
|5:00 PM||Skills Challenge Opens|
|9:00 PM||Skills Challenge Ends|
|SATURDAY JUNE 12|
|8:15 AM||Doors Open|
|9:30 PM||Inspection Deadline|
Skills Challenge Opens
Skills Challenge Closes
Teamwork Matches Begin
|12:00 PM||Finals Matches|
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any event! If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We will continue to assess COVID-19 targets as we get closer to the event date.
Teams who wish to remove themselves from the event will receieve a full refund if they notify the Event Partner 4-weeks prior to the event.
Teams who have registered but have not paid or submitted a PO 4-weeks prior to the event will be removed from the event unless special arrangement has been made with the Event Partner.
If the event is cancelled, a full event registration refund will be given to all paid teams. Teams are responsible for their own transportation and hotel costs.
Health and Safety Policies
As we get closer to the event, we will continually assess whether hosting an in-person tournament is safe. We are committed to creating a safe and exciting event for all! We appreciate your cooperation during this unprecedented time and ask that you visit the CDC website for the latest information.
1. All participants will be required to wear a mask at all times while they are inside the venue. An appropriate face-covering must cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin, fit snugly against the sides of your face, and be secured with ear loops or secured around your head. A neck gaiter does not meet these criteria.
2. Right now, we are not limiting the number of team members a team brings. This is subject to change if there is a surge in registration. Teams will be allowed to bring an adult mentor. We are working with the University to assess the viability of allowing spectators at the event.
4. Participants should frequently sanitize their hands and their pit area. COVID-19 cleaning supplies will be provided to teams.
5. Glass shields will be placed between competitors at driver stations.
This event will be webcast to the South Carolina VEX YouTube channel.
Notebook Due Date: June 7, 2021, at 11:59 PM
Submit here: https://go.bren.app/notebook-submission
Teams should report to McKissick Theater at their time below for their interview.