[Cancelled] SD Mines Robot Rumble (VEX U)
- Event Code
- VEX U
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- South Dakota
- This event has been canceled.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the SD Mines Robot Rumble. This tournament will be held at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology in Goodell Gym.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
2. Check the official VEX forums at www.robotevents.com for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament, found on the Documents tab.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks. Tiger Robotics will provide access to grinders and a metal cutting chop saw upon request.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found at www.roboticseducation.org web site, under the Volunteer Resources tab.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure your robot brain has the latest version of firmware.
Grade Level: College
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
501 E St Joseph St
Rapid City, South Dakota 57701
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:30 – 8:30 Team Registration
7:30 – 9:30 Inspections
8:00 – 1:00 Skills Challenge
8:45 – 9:45 Judging in the Pits
9:45 – 9:50 Referee meeting
9:50 – 10:00 Drivers and Coaches Meeting
10:00 Opening Ceremonies
10:15 – 2:15 Qualification matches
2:20 – 2:30 Alliance Selection
2:45 – 4:00 Elimination Matches
4:15 – 4:30 Awards Ceremony
If you are interested in volunteeering, please contact Zach Basham at email@example.com.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
The tournament will occur unless I-90 closes. Please use your own discretion when traveling in bad weather.
No refunds are offered for this tournment.
VEX U and VRC use the same field setup and scoring.VRC Tipping Point One-Page Description
VEX U uses the VRC game manual with VEX U specific rules to be found in the Appendices.VRC Tipping Point Game Manual
VEX U and VRC use the same field and field setup.VRC Tipping Point Appendix A – Field Specificati
VEX U and VRC use the same field and field setup.VRC Tipping Point Field Assembly Instructions
VEX U and VRC use the same field elements.VRC Tipping Point Field CAD
VEX U and VRC use the same DIY field.VRC Field Perimeter DIY
VEX U and VRC use the same field setup and scoring for skills.VRC Tipping Point Appendix - B Robot Skills
VEX U and VRC use the same LRT setup and scoring.VRC Appendix E – Live Remote Competitions
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.