DOUGLAS PATRIOTS VEX Over Under
Blended MS/HS VRC
- 21-Oct-2023 Add to Calendar
- Código de evento
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Tipo de evento
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Plazas disponibles
- Event Region
- South Dakota
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 28-Aug-2023 16:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 18-Oct-2023 16:00 EDT
- Payment Deadline
- 9-Oct-2023 16:00 EDT
- It is past the registration deadline.
Concessions: Will have concession avaible by the gym.
Team Attendance: No restrictions at this time
Spectator Attendance: No restrictions at this time.
Keep in Mind: Things can change quickly with the COVID situation. Please check back regularly for any updates or cancellations.
- Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
- Check the official VEX forums at www.robotevents.com for rule updates and changes.
- Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
- Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
- Be sure to read VEX Tournaments 101.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
- Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
- Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found at www.roboticseducation.org website, under the Volunteer Resources tab.
- Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
- Ensure your robot brain has the latest version of the firmware.
- Alliances will be 2 teams
Number of elimination alliances (16-23 teams = 8 alliances in finals, 24-31 teams =12 alliances in finals, 32+ teams = 16 alliances in finals)
- If an odd number of teams, the last-ranked team should still attend Alliance Selection in case a team withdraws due to a problem with their robot
- All finals matches will be one-and-done (no best-of-three matches)
- Ties in finals matches will be replayed until a winner is determined
Participation and Consent Form
All team members, coaches and adult mentors should fill out the online consent form which is good all season and for all REC run events. A link to the instructions for online consent form can be found here.
Nivel académico : All
Concurso de habilidades de robots ofrecido: Sí
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Fecha: 21-Oct-2023Lugar / ubicación:
420 Patriot Dr.
Box Elder, South Dakota 57719
Información de contactoYou must login to contact this Event Partner
TENTATIVE! Check here the week of the event to make sure you have the current agenda.
8:30 am Doors open, team check-in begins
9:30 Team check-in ends
Teams MUST be checked-in by 9:30, as the Match Schedule will be run at that time and CANNOT be re-run. If your team is running late, call the Event Partner or the match schedule will be run WITHOUT your team.
8:30 am Inspection begins
10:00 am Inspection ends
10:15 Team & Driver meeting
10:30 Qualification matches & Skills begin
2:45 Qualification matches & Skills end
2:50 Alliance selection
3:15 Finals matches (Judges Awards intermixed between rounds)
4:30 Performance and Excellence awards are presented
If you are interested in volunteeering, please email [email protected].
Política de emergencia/mal tiempo
The tournament will occur unless I-90 closes. Please your own discretion when traveling in bad weather.
Refund and Payment Policies
No refunds are offered for this tournment due to weather or team cancelation.
Refunds will be made an optoin if school related conflicts occur for hosting a tournment.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.