Clash in the Canyon - Black Out Edition -
- 2023 Annular Eclipse -
- 14-Oct-2023 Add to Calendar
- Código de evento
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Tipo de evento
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Plazas disponibles
- Event Region
- California - Region 4
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 14-Aug-2023 20:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 2-Sep-2023 20:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 8-Oct-2023 13:04 EDT
- Payment Deadline
- 1-Oct-2023 12:00 EDT
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Viewpoint School and the Patriot Robotics are delighted to host Clash in the Canyon, the 2023-24 VEX Over Under Tournament. The tournament shares the date with a special celestial event, a Annulat Solar Eclipse. The Octobe 14th eclipse will occur with the point of maximum coverage at 9:24 am. More information may be found here. Teams are encouraged to add decorations, following VEX guidlines and common sense, to their robot, team apparel or pit table to celebrate this astronomical event!
Clash in the Canyon registration is initially limiting to 3 teams per school, however, a 4th team may be added from the wait list if room becomes available. Wait list preference will be given to rookie teams and to schools that host or co-host an event of their own. If you have a team on the wait list and are a rookie team, or are hosting or co-hosting an event in the 2023-24 season, please email [email protected] with the team or event information, and you will be given priority.
Teams are expected to conduct themselves with the sportsmanship and gracious behavior that are core values in VEX robotics competitions. Judges and referees will give strong consideration to these traits in students and adults when considering teams for awards. All teams are expected to follow the rules of conduct. Teams who fail to comply may be disqualified from the tournament without a refund.
We look forward to seeing you all at the Clash in the Canyon : Black Out Edition !
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Event Partner, Lance Rush, at [email protected].
- LATE ARRIVALS: Teams must be checked in 45 minutes prior to the start of the qualification matches so that the match schedule may be printed. Teams must contact the event partner if they are running late or they will be removed from the team list for the event. The morning of the tournament, you can text 818-307-5255 if there are any concerns about arriving on time.
- On-site parking is free.
- LUNCH: Team lunches may be preordered. Information and instructions will be emailed closer to the event. There is a patio area directly outside the gym that teams may use to setup a team area for snacks, lunch etc.
- TEAM PAYMENT: Teams must be paid two weeks prior to the event. Teams not paid at this time may be dropped at the event partner's discretion to allow teams in from the wait list.
Nivel académico : All
Concurso de habilidades de robots ofrecido: Sí
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Fecha: 14-Oct-2023Lugar / ubicación:
23620 Mulholland Highway
Calabasas, California 91302
Información de contactoYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00am Doors open for volunteers
7:30 am Registration / Pits open / Practice fields open
7:45 am Inspection begins
8:10 am Drivers meeting
8:30 am Qualification matches begin
9:24am Maximum Annular Eclipse
12:00 pm Break for lunch
12:45 pm Qualification matches continue
3:00 pm Qualification matches finish
3:10 pm Alliance selections
3:30 pm Elimination matches begin and Skills events Close after Quarter Finals
5:00 pm Awards ceremony
5:30 pm Competition event closes
We always welcome input and support from our fellow teams and encourage you all to consider volunteering as a judge or support staff. Volunteers are appreciated. If you have a group that wishes to volunteer, please contact Lance Rush at : [email protected]
Política de emergencia/mal tiempo
In the case of bad weather conditions, COVID restriction changes or possible cancellations, please visit the event on Robotevents.com where updates about the event status will be posted as needed. Please make sure your team contact information is up to date in RobotEvents.com in the event we need to contact your team.
Refund and Payment Policies
Event payments are expected when you register for this event and must be completed a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the event date. Unpaid teams will be removed from the event, allowing space for teams on the wait list. Due to the financial commitment on the part of the event venue, no refunds will be possible. Thank you for your understanding. It is essential that all teams check in before 8:00 am. Please contact Lance Rush ([email protected]) regarding any questions or concerns.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges. Electronic submissions will not be accepted.