Over and under @West
Middle and High School Teams
- 7-Oct-2023 Add to Calendar
- Código de evento
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Tipo de evento
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Plazas disponibles
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 29-Aug-2023 12:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 26-Aug-2023 12:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 7-Oct-2023 12:49 EDT
- Payment Deadline
- 11-Oct-2023 13:34 EDT
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be an exciting event. All teams should come prepared for fair competition. WFHS provides this event as a learning opportunity for the students. As such all involved are expected to be courteous to our volunteers helping us make it possible. Any team that does not follow this expectation will be disqualified and asked to leave. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
For all rules--How to run a team, do your engineering notebook and steps to build your robot look at the VEX Robotics website.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
* Goggles/Safety Glasses
* Spare parts & tools
* Batteries and chargers
* Programming cable
* Power strip
* Laptop computer
* Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
5. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
6. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
7. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
8. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants should watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found online.
9. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Nivel académico : All
Concurso de habilidades de robots ofrecido: Sí
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Fecha: 7-Oct-2023Lugar / ubicación:
4155 Drew Road
Cumming, Georgia 30040
Información de contactoYou must login to contact this Event Partner
* Note - This schedule is subject to change based on team registration numbers.
7:30 AM - Doors Open, Practice Fields Opens
7:30-8:00 – Check-in
8:00-9:00 AM - Inspection (first come basis).
9:00 AM - Driver Meeting
9:20 AM – Welcome and first match setup
9:30 AM – 11:30PM - Qualification Rounds and Skills (skills line will close at 11:00)
11:30 PM – 12:00 PM – Lunch
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM – Qualification Rounds
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM - Alliance Selection
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM - Alliance Elimination matches
3:00 PM – 3:15 PM - Awards Ceremony
If you would like to volunteer please contact [email protected]
Política de emergencia/mal tiempo
We will do our best to make this event happen. If weather gets in the way, we will try to make that call early as our volunteers are precious to us, and attempt to reschedule. We will inform teams of cancelation via email to the team leader that registered. It is the team leaders responsibility to inform his team.
Refund and Payment Policies
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend: No refunds will be given.
If the Event Partner cancels the event due to weather: No refunds will be given. WFHS is committed to hosting an event. We will reschedule and hopefully you can make the new date.
In the event the we are unable to rechedule the event: WFHS will refund what we can after expenses for the event have been paid.
Please review the following Judging Format options and keep the ones that apply to your event, and delete the others that do not apply. Please see the Remote Judging section of the Guide to Judging for more information.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.