Bell Vertical Robotics Competition
Drones + Ground Robots
Take key robotics and STEM concepts from the high school classroom to the skies with the Bell Vertical Robotics Competition, presented by the REC Foundation in partnership with Bell.
Industry Skills Advantage
Students use hands-on, industry-standard tools to design, build, and compete against teams from around the US with the most advanced aerial robotics technology available today. Participation in the Bell Vertical Robotics Competition prepares students for tomorrow’s STEM workforce needs on the ground and in the sky.
Over the course of a single season, students will have:
- Built, programmed, and flown the most advanced drone available in competition robotics
- Designed, 3D printed, and implemented their own robotic components
- Soldered and wired on-board electronic components
- Learned how industry aerospace experts code for aerial kinematics
- Overcome the challenges of “in the field” systems integration
- Utilized project management skills to balance development cycles of ground and aerial robots
- Delivered technical presentations to compete for judged awards
$4,000 per team includes:
- Complete custom-made aerial and ground robotics kit - no additional costs for individual parts, batteries, etc.
- Access to technical resources and support - no prior drone experience needed
- Competition event registration
2022 Bell VRC Schedule - Key Dates
June 30 - Team registration closes
Summer - Drone kits shipped to registered teams
August 27 - Kickoff & competition REVEAL
Competitions are held each weekend in November. The 2022 season will feature events in:
- Austin, TX
- Arlington, TX
- Grandville, MI (NEW for 2022!)
- Maryland (NEW for 2022!)
The season will culminate on December 3, 2022, with the championship event at Bell HQ in Fort Worth, TX!
Para obtener información sobre la organización de una competición BellVRC, envíe un correo electrónico email@example.com