To be eligible for the excellence award this season, teams must place in the top 30% of Autonomous Coding Challenge rankings at the conclusion of Robot Skills Challenges.
Be ranked in the top 30% of Autonomous Coding Challenge rankings at the conclusion of the Robot Skills Challenges
My question is related to whether or not teams posting zero-score autonomous runs would rank higher than teams who have not competed in Autonomous skills.
For instance in the following scenario:
- There is a 30 team event with one excellence award offered
- Only 3 teams have participated in the Autonomous Skills component of Robot Skills
- Of these 3 teams, 2 have posted a zero-score, the other 27 robots at the event have not competed in skills.
From this, how would you interpret the following situations:
- Would the 2 teams mentioned above who have posted a zero-score and are on the skills leaderboard be placed in the Top 30% of teams as they have attempted an autonomous skills run.
- If nobody participates in autonomous skills, but skills is offered at an event, would it be omitted from excellence eligibility, or would nobody be eligible to win excellence at that event.
- If only 1 team runs auton skills at an event and they post a zero-score, would they than be the only team eligible to win the Excellence Award (provided they meet all other criteria)
- If every robot posts a zero-score run, would they still be eligible for excellence.
- If one of the 27 robots that did not post a score is in the random electronics rankings top 30%?
- If zero-score is not eligible as they have the same score as teams who do not run skills, would a zero-score run with an early stop time place a team within eligibility?
Thank you for your time